Students-at-large are eligible to take individual graduate courses at ACE, with the exception of student teaching, field experience or internship courses.
American College of Education students don’t just earn a certificate – they learn how to apply proven, data-driven educational strategies to their classrooms and schools. All certificate coursework can be transferred to a relevant ACE degree program.
Endorsements for Illinois Educators (Illinois Only)
Educators in Illinois can take a sequence of courses to meet Illinois requirements for endorsements. The courses are recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education to lead to the designated endorsements below:
- Early Childhood Special Education – (5 courses/12 semester credits)
- Bilingual Education – (7 courses/18 semester credits)
- English as a Second Language – (7 courses/18 semester credits)
- Learning Behavior Specialist I (LBSI) – (4 courses/12 semester credits)
- Reading Teacher – (4 courses/12 semester credits) – ACE is only approved for 4 of 5 required courses
Students will enroll as a Student-at-Large at ACE to complete the coursework. Tuition for endorsement courses is charged at the certificate/master’s level rate of $235 per semester credit.
For more information on this offering and to review the course sequences, please visit the ACE Catalog, select ‘Programs of Study’ from the left-hand navigation, and look for the heading ‘Endorsements.’