6 Reasons to Register for the Circle City Donut Dash 5K
February 08, 2018
Hungry for change?
Don’t just long for it. Register for the Circle City Donut Dash 5K.
Presented by American College of Education and benefiting our partners at Teachers’ Treasures–a nonprofit dedicated to distributing free school supplies to under-served schools in Marion county–the annual charity run returns for its third year on Saturday, February, 17.
Not sure if the event is for you? Here are six reasons to take that first step and register!
- Free Long’s doughnuts! Thanks to event sponsor Farmers Insurance, participants get to enjoy delectable doughnuts from Long’s Bakery at the event after-party.
- “The Donut Challenge.” The 5K features two fun events: a standard 5K experience and the “Donut Challenge,” where participants attempt to down a dozen delicious glazed doughnut holes at the midpoint of the race. But don’t worry—those not up to the challenge still have plenty of access to doughnuts after the race.
- Free Shopping Pass for ALL Teachers. As a race supporting Marion county teachers and kids, all teachers who register for the race can use code “TEACHERS” to take $5 off their registration. In addition, they’ll receive a shopping pass to use at Teachers’ Treasures on a later date.
- Dashing, doughnut-inspired attire. From doughnut leggings to jewelry, this is a chance to rock your love of doughnuts with the wildest attire you can find. Three best dressed awards will be presented after the race, including best dressed individual, best dressed team and best dressed teacher team. The winning teacher team will have coffee and doughnuts delivered to their school, courtesy of Farmers Insurance.
- Complimentary libations. Sun King Brewing has been a generous partner for the past three years, bringing a special coffee-infused beer to complement the doughnuts. All participants who are 21 or older with valid ID will receive a complimentary pint to celebrate the end of the race.
- Supporting Indianapolis teachers and kids in need. “The money from registration goes toward helping to get needed school supplies into the classrooms and hands of students,” explains ACE Vice President of Human Resources and B Corp Benefits Officer KK Byland, who helped coordinate the event. “The more participants we have in the dash, the more we can serve our teachers and schools. Ultimately, putting supplies and resources in classrooms can make the difference in the lives of the next generation that’s going to lead our future communities. It’s the ripple effect.”
Each day, countless Marion county students struggle with access to basic school supplies like pencils and paper, often relying on teachers to provide the tools they need to succeed.
Each year, Teachers’ Treasures helps more than 100,000 teachers meet the needs of those students. You can help broaden their reach just by signing up for the race!
Early Bird registration ($30) is still available now through February 11. Regular registration is $35 through February 16. Day-of registration is $40, but those who bring a school supply donation will receive $5 off.
So are you ready to run? Register here!