Degree completion

How do I know if I’ve completed all of my requirements?

The Degree Map feature located under the My Academics menu in MyACE Student Portal will help you evaluate how many more courses you must complete before you have met the requirements for your degree. Every degree program also requires completion of a Capstone experience (created in the Portfolio). You will receive a congratulatory email from the Registrar's Office once your degree has been conferred.

How long does it take to award my degree?

The degree conferral process after degree completion may take up to six weeks. If all academic and financial obligations have been met, you will receive a congratulatory email from the Registrar's Office.

Whom do I contact for information on degree completion?

If you have any questions about your degree completion status or your grades, contact Student Support at or 1-800-280-0307.

When will I graduate?

The College has eight graduation dates per year, so your degree conferral is scheduled around those dates. Once you have completed all coursework and internship or student teaching (where applicable), your degree will be conferred by the Registrar's Office, and you will receive a congratulatory email. If a single item is missing (e.g., review of your capstone, or payment on your account), your degree will not be conferred.

The College starts the degree conferral process early with a degree audit two terms before the end of your coursework. If you stay on track with scheduled courses and submit your capstone in plenty of time for review, then the degree conferral is completed within six weeks after completion of all requirements. Keep in mind that diplomas take longer to arrive in the mail.

Capstone reviews have a due date in the third week of the final course, which gives the faculty committees time to evaluate your portfolio. You will have control over when you submit your portfolio, and early submissions are allowed. You can plan with your capstone chair to meet the deadline. In the MyACE Student Portal you will see an Anticipated Graduation Date. This date is not your official graduation date; it may reflect a projected date when you began your program, but it will be adjusted when the Registrar completes a degree audit and confers your degree.

How do I receive verification of program completion for certification or endorsement from my state?

In applying for a state certification or endorsement, you may need a verification of having completed your program at ACE. Please fill out the Certification Request Form. Students with holds on their accounts will not receive a verification.

How can I update my contact information?

To view and update your record for accuracy, log into the MyACE Student Portal. Under personal information, you will be able to update your address, phone number and email address. If you need to request a name change, you will have to submit a Change of Student Information Form, and mail it to us along with notarized supporting documentation. The Change of Student Information Form is also located under Student Request Forms. Additional Information can be found on the form.


When will I receive my diploma?

You will receive a diploma cover at commencement, but your diploma will not be included. A diploma takes up to 12 weeks to process and deliver from the date when the degree is conferred. To ensure that you get your diploma, make sure your contact information is correct at MyACE Student Portal. Diplomas will not be issued if there is a balance or hold on your account.

How can I change my name on my diploma?

Diplomas will be ordered and printed for eligible students with the name listed on your current College record. For name changes, in accordance with FERPA regulations, American College of Education will require a Change of Student Information Form to be filled out and notarized for legal documentation, provided in order to update your record.

Please note the rules below regarding name changes prior to making this request. Please submit a Change of Student Information Form. Notarized copies of acceptable legal documentation must be mailed to the College address listed on the form. A diploma may be ordered with a new name in expectation of a name change. If this is done, the diploma will not be delivered until an official Request for Name Change is provided to the Registrar's Office with supporting documentation.

Any cost associated with the reprinting of a diploma caused by a name change will be charged to the graduate. If you have any questions, please contact or call 1-800-280-0307.


When will I receive a copy of my official transcript?

Upon graduation, you will receive one complimentary copy of your official transcript with a watermark indicating that it has been Issued to Student. This will be sent to you electronically via Transcripts on Demand at the primary email address you have on file with ACE within two weeks of the date upon which your degree is conferred. For an official transcript without the Issued to Student watermark to be sent to another institution, you will need to place a separate order through Transcripts on Demand. No official transcripts will be issued if there is a balance or hold on your account.

How do I request an additional copy of my transcript?

Submit the Transcript Request Form. Transcripts will not be issued if you have a balance on your account.


When is commencement?

ACE currently hosts one large commencement ceremony in the summer. Watch for commencement information on the Graduation and Commencement tabs of this page.

Where can I find commencement participation information?

Information about commencement is sent to eligible candidates and graduates prior to graduation. You can also visit the Commencement tab for further information.

What if I have a question that is not answered here?

Please contact Student Support at or 1-800-280-0307