Applicants to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Transition to Teaching (T2T) programs at American College of Education must:
- Complete the application form, submit the application fee, and sign the enrollment agreement.
- Provide official sealed transcripts documenting successful completion of an undergraduate degree or post-baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0, OR
- If an applicant has a cumulative GPA below 3.0 but above 2.5, he/she must have at least 5 years of documented professional experience related to the content area in which the applicants seeks licensure.
- Provide evidence of Indiana passing scores on standardized tests and other requirements as specified by the Indiana Department of Education.
- Pass criminal background check from Safe Hiring Solutions.
For additional information on testing requirements, please visit your state Board of Education website.
International Transcript Requirements
All applicants must submit to the Admissions Office official, sealed college transcripts from each institution attended.
- Transcripts that are international and/or not in English must be evaluated through AACRAO or any evaluation agency credentialed through NACES.
- International applicants must request the course-by-course evaluation. The evaluation report must show that the non-U.S. education is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree to be considered for admission.
English as Second Language Applicants
All applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate competence in the English language as demonstrated in one of three ways:
- Submission of an official transcript showing a degree from a United States secondary school or regionally accredited college/university.
- Submission of a transcript from a secondary school or college/university whose country uses English as a primary means of instruction, including, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand.
- Submission of an official minimum score on the written or computer-based TOEFL.
- The minimum TOEFL score required for the Paper-Based Test (PBT) is 550, for the computer-based version is 213, and for the Internet-based Test is 80.
- The testing agency must send test scores directly to American College of Education.
Applicants have the right to appeal admissions decisions. Final decisions will made by the Dean or designee.